What is an Instagram Business Profile and why would I need one?
An Instagram Business Profile is required by Instagram in order to access some feed types (such as Hashtag feeds and Tagged feeds) and also to display certain data which isn’t available for Personal accounts.
If you are displaying a “User” feed from either a Personal or Business account then it’s not required to use to a Business Profile (you can simply connect your Personal account in the plugin instead), however, some features may be missing.
Converting an Instagram Personal Profile to a Business Profile
You can convert your Personal account to an Instagram Business account at any time by following the steps below. It is completely free to do and will make certain features in the plugin available which don’t work for Personal accounts.
1) In order to create a Business Profile, Instagram requires you to have a Facebook Page that you can connect to it. This may seem strange, but Instagram is owned by Facebook and the platforms are becoming more intertwined. If you don’t have a Facebook Page then you’ll need to create one.
2) Once you have a Facebook Page, log into your Facebook account and go to your Facebook Page. Then copy/paste the following onto the end of the URL:
settings/?tab=instagram_management so that it looks like this:
4) Log into the Instagram Business Profile you want to connect
5) Once connected, follow the prompts to set up your Business Profile
7) Business Profile Setup is complete